Friday, July 24, 2009

Ninjas on my roof

Some people and ducks say my blog posts are too short. So here's a post to feed the word hungry people. Actually sometimes I keep it short, like many people, when I read someone elses blog, I tend to skip through a block of text if i spot a picture at the bottom and forget about reading them. Unless there are no pics, I would just continue reading the texts until the end. Haha.

THE END OF AN ERA IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE. o_o

I will soon leave the unemployed group once more. Things like waking up without the sound of alarm clocks and just waiting for lunch to come during a weekday are going to be just a faded memories and norms of yesteryear~. I'm not estatic about it, but I sure am glad I have something to look forward to and the future does not look as blur as before. Like someone had just switched on a vaccuum cleaner and started sucking all the smoke away so you can see the room more clearly.

If you could step into a time machine or found the Back fo the Future time travel car and go back to 2005 and told 2005's "me" that in the future I would be working as what I am about to do, the 2005 "me" would say you had too much Pepsi Twist until you are going crazy to say such things. It's something that I would never thought I'd be doing. But I'm sure you all agree that things always change, and plans always change. That is why I wonder why people would like to think of a long term plan. Most of the time, it wouldn't be what you'd hoped it would be. How many of you can honestly say "Yeap, just as a predicted. I am now what I was planning to be or do in the past". I bet not many. o_o.. But I am lucky to say at least that this job is kind of in the scope of my future plans and what I want to do in a long run~

I'm back in my hometown at the moment but will be going back to Miaw in a week's time. I have been staying in Miaw for exactly a month, and I must say, I kind of enjoy it. The food is nice and the people are great. The roads are confusing to me though, but it's something I can overcome. :P.

The first time when I saw the building that I was going to work in, I was, like "AWESOME".It's a square-ish looking tower with a roof that looked like it came out of a ninja movie, I kid you not. It made me wish I was a ninja and I could glide all the way to work everyday. I know what you're thinking...there are fat ninjas out there ok. As a matter of fact, they are more stealthy cos their feet are spongey like, so they walk with less sound.
Anyway, I didn't have the chance/time to take the pic of the building, but I got this off the Chinese Chamber of Commerce website. It looks like a Japanese empire building and the Gang Leader is hiding on the toppest floor, or in the middle. Which is safer? o_o Top or middle? Ya ya the picture looks shitty, but the building looks better in real life.
This is another angle of the building with compliments to osweld_buggy. I think it looks better and you can totally see.... not that much =___=. Anyway, the building is actually owned by the Chinese Chamber of Commerce. These group of people always had a knack for making their buildings look like it's from the 15th century, like these:

Chinese Chamber of Commerce Batu Pahat
Chinese Chamber of Commerce Singapore

Ok so the Miaw's Chinese Chamber of Commerce building does not look as awesome already after you look at those. But still ok la. I still can totally imagine a ninja jumping off from the roof doing what ninjas do best... what do they do best? Assassinate? o_o.

Here's something to make you imagine better on what I am talking about. Excuse me for the poor editing.

I am not going to say the name of the company, just incase they are watching... you never know what they are capable off~. I find it ironic however that I am working in the CCC building even though my Chinese speaking SUX DOODY.

===-------------------------------===

Have you ever find yourself sick? Lol. Ok of course you have. Ok let me complete the sentence. Have you ever find yourself sick, and sitting in a medical clinic waiting for your name to be called out by a female nurse that always seem to have that monotonous tone when they do call out your name? It's ALWAYS the same tone! They have have a class on "how to call out patients name" during their nursing school days. The "lobby" or "lounge" area where lots of sick people wait always have magazines or newspapers to keep you occupied and not feeling bored. Most of the time they are outdated magazines, probably 10 or 15 years old. Believe me. It's the most obvious in Chinese medical clinics like Chan or Chin or Wong Clinic. Another stereotype are Chinese salons which never fail to supply one particular type of entertainment books. Lau Fu Zi (Old Master Q)'s comics! YOU CANNOT DENY THAT.

Anyway, back to the subject on medical clinics source of entertainment. Apparently some of them are having an upgrade. I went to the Chan Clinic at the main bazaar in Miaw for my medical checkup for my job application and they had another other things to keep the sick people occupied.

It's about high time. Those poor aunties and uncles or kids can now keep in touch with their Twitters and Facebook no matter where they go, even visiting the doctor when they are sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No transforming.... Loved it.....
btw my chinese is just shitty as yours....

so don't worry mate! you are not the only banana...

GBU

Tania said...

I am proud to be a Banana and Im loving it. that makes us three lucky bananas. I dont understand why some ppl just dont admit that they're banana too. hmph.

Alvin said...

Cos they don't like to eat bananas @_@..
or maybe it's a bad thing to dono fluent chinese haha

Post a Comment